Information on submitting contributions for the first edition of “Paper Chained: A Journal of Writings and Artistic Expressions from Beyond the Bars”
WHEN TO SUBMIT?
Deadline for first edition is: August 31st, 2017
WHERE TO SEND CONTRIBUTIONS?
Contributions can be:
EMAILED to email@example.com
POSTED to PO Box 1989, Armidale, NSW 2350 AUSTRALIA
WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE?
We welcome contributions from prisoners, ex-prisoners and family members of prisoners. Please indicate whether you are a current prisoner, ex-prisoner or family member in your contribution.
WHAT TO SEND IN?
Contributions can be writings in any style, and we also welcome artwork such as drawings. We ask that text does not exceed 1, 500 words per contribution.
Contributions may be anonymous.
Writers are welcome to include any/all of the following if they wish to but we would like to stress that there is no obligation to include any identifying information about yourself at all.
- Your name or a pseudonym
- Your age
- Your charge/s
- Your sentence duration and expected release date
- Your occupation/hobbies prior to incarceration
- Any other details you would like published about yourself
You are also welcome to include the following, which would never be published or shared:
- An address for you to receive a copy of the published journal (this could either be your address in prison or an address on the outside you can access at a later date – we appreciate your prison address may not be reliable if you are moved or if the journal is deemed inappropriate by authorities)
- A return address if you would like us to let you know we have received your contribution.
TERMS OF PUBLICATION
Handwritten contributions will be typed unless the author requests to have a scan of the original text presented in the journal. Contributions will be typed exactly as the original is written unless the contributor indicates “PLEASE EDIT” in their entry. We will then be happy to correct any spelling or grammar errors, however we do not feel that perfect spelling and grammar are in any way necessary to meaningful communication.
We will not publish any contributions that directly or indirectly contain: racism, sexism, transphobia, nationalism, xenophobia, ableism or any other form of oppressive language.